Last updated: 13.04.2018
DATA WE COLLECT
When you use an Weather Now App, DW or its trusted partners may collect data from your mobile device, including information which directly or indirectly identifies you. Your information may be kept in an identifiable format, or in an aggregate format which means that you cannot reasonably be identified from it. The information we collect about you (collectively and individually, the "Information") includes:
- If an Weather Now App offers you the option to register, we will collect the Information you provide to us in the registration form. This may include identification data such as your name, email address or other account or registration data.
- We will also collect your Information when you use Weather Now Apps such as when you post or share material, upload data, request further services or make selections using the Weather Now Apps, if such functionality is available in the Weather Now App.
- We will collect Information about you when you interact with us such as when you report a problem, contact or communicate with us.
- Geolocation data, which is any Information which indicates the geographical position of your device and which may include the time the location was recorded, and may include precise (e.g., GPS-level) location data. Some Weather Now Apps may collect this data when the App is not open or actively in use (This may help us or third parties to customize information, content, or offers to you, for instance.) The Weather Now App and/or your mobile device may provide options for you to control the use and/or sharing of precise device location data.
- We automatically collect certain Information from your device when you use the Weather Now App including Information about your device, carrier and other technical data.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the Information (elements of which we may use alone or in combination with each other data/Information) we collect to:
- Deliver the Weather Now Apps to you and ensure their optimal functionality and operation;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices (including through in-application advertising) about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our parent or subsidiary companies or other third parties. If you do not wish to receive in-application advertising, in some cases you can upgrade to the paid version of the app;
- Develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. For instance, we, or these third parties may serve music-related ads or offers to users who have installed music-related apps (whether or not these are Weather Now Apps). Similarly, users who frequently visit music-related venues may likewise receive ads or offers to install music-related apps;
- Enforce our terms, conditions and policies and to communicate with you;
- Manage and improve the Weather Now App.
- When we collect your precise geolocation data (subject to your consent) (which may be via the device's cellular, Wi-Fi, Global Positioning System (GPS) networks and/or Bluetooth information), we do so to provide you with our location-related products and services, for example to provide you with forecast and weather alerts for your location, and also to facilitate, measure, or otherwise support advertising by third parties (through our apps or third parties' apps) that may be related to your location over time.
CROSS-APP ADVERTISING AND OTHER INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING TECHNOLOGIES
If you wish to opt out of interest-based cross-application tracking through your mobile device, you can do so through your device "settings", as follows (but please note that the below is for informational purposes only and Apple, Google, or other device platforms may change the manner in which their "opt out" settings work at any time): Please note that if you opt out through these settings, you will continue to receive advertising after you opt-out, but it may not be tailored to your interests. For instance, that advertising may be based on your real-time or "contextual" application usage or general location inferred from IP address.
Opting Out on iOS Devices Such as iPhones, iPads or iPods
If you have an Apple device, you can opt out of mobile interest-based or "cross-app" advertising by updating to iOS 6.0 or higher, and setting Limit Ad Tracking to 'ON'. On an iPhone 6 for example, you can do this by clicking on Settings -> General -> Privacy -> Advertising and toggling "Limit Ad Tracking" to 'ON'. Our systems are designed to respect your choice and not use Information to provide interest-based advertising when this setting is ON.
Opting Out on Android Devices
If you have an Android device and would like to opt out of mobile interest-based or "cross-app" advertising, you may do this as follows:
We may sometimes work with partners to help us or help them correlate content or ads provided to users across devices or browsers. For instance, a brand may wish to use the Information that we collect (or data that its own partners collect) to send offers to its customers across both mobile applications and browsers. We thus also provide the links below to the NAI "Consumer Opt-out," DAA opt-out, and Google opt-out that are only applicable to participating third parties, which does not include DW. You may also block certain App Identifiers by changing the settings of your device. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry has not reached a consensus as to Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
- Open the Google Settings app on your device
- Select Ads
- Opt out of interest-based ads
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Information as follows:
- We may share your Information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Weather Now Apps functionality, and supporting marketing promotions (e.g., contests and sweepstakes) surveys and other features offered through our Weather Now Apps. These service providers may have limited access to your Information, which is needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share or use such Information for any other purposes.
- When you engage in promotions offered through the Weather Now Apps, we may share your Information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes; unless, we have otherwise committed to you that we will not share specific Information you provided. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other Information to that merchant.
- We may also allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements in the Weather Now Apps or other apps or use App Identifiers for the purpose of advertising and direct marketing. These companies may use technologies to collect data about users, including non-precise and/or precise location data, to help them tailor relevant ads and content and analyze and measure ads' effectiveness or, more generally, brand and mobile audiences. These companies may collect this data through SDKs or from users who view or interact with their advertisements. We combine Information internally at DW across different Weather Now Apps. This means, for example, that we may combine your Information from our Notepad app with Information we have about you in our Emoji app. This will enable us to provide more tailored and personal experiences and services to you across our family of Weather Now Apps which are described www.weathernowapp.com
- Other Situations. We may disclose your Information (i) to respond in good faith to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; (ii) in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (iii) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; (iv) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; (v) to enforce our Weather Now Apps terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; and (vi) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or the Weather Now Apps, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In addition, we may share aggregated Information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other legitimate business purposes. Please note that such aggregated Information will not include any Information which allows third parties to identity you.
We share data we collect about you including unique identification numbers associated with mobile devices or through its API (including, for example, a Unique ID for Advertisers ("IDFA"), Unique ID for Vendors ("IDFV"), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device processes, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, device name, battery life, and, depending on the user’s mobile device settings, the geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of the mobile device (“User Data”) with our third party partners, that enables us to provide you with information, advertisements, or offers specific to your location and interests.
By accepting our terms of service, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your data by our third party partners for the purposes of: (i) providing or improving their services; (ii) enabling third parties to assist us and the retailer and venues (in which the beacons are located) in better serving and understanding our users; and (iii) sharing your data with third parties so they can provide or enable the provision of content, offers or other marketing solutions that may be of interest to you. You also consent to having your data transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in which our third party partners or their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers or partners maintain facilities. If you do not consent to the collection and transfer of the aforementioned data through the identification of your mobile device, we recommend that you: (a) delete our app or adjust the in-app settings of the app; or (b) opt out of sharing your mobile advertiser ID by limiting ad tracking on the device. For iOS, navigate to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting. For Android, open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising. For more information on specific opt-out choices, please visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices
COOKIES, IDENTIFIERS AND DATA ANALYSIS
We may collect certain device data and electronic identifiers such as the mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, your mobile operating system details and the name of your mobile carrier. For example, if you use the iOS platform then Advertiser IDs (also known as "IDFAs" if you have an Apple device or "Android Ad IDs" if you have an Android device) may be collected. Other identifiers collected may include IP addresses, OpenUDID, Session ID, ODIn1, iOS Vendor IDs, MAC addresses, IMEI, Android ID for Android platform, and ODIN1 for OS X (together with the IDFAs, the "App Identifiers").
When you use the Weather Now App(s), we may use the App Identifiers to facilitate access to the Weather Now Apps, help us recognize you across different Weather Now Apps, to enable you to use the Weather Now Apps, to personalize your experience, to increase security, measure the use and effectiveness of our Weather Now Apps and serve advertising. You can block certain App Identifiers by changing the settings of your device.
We also collect information about how and when you use the Weather Now App. This includes the amount of times you used the Weather Now App, which parts of it you viewed and other technical data such as country settings and timestamps.
For further information on how Google's Firebase analytics tool uses data, please see the site "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps", (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of your Information is very important to us, so we take security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Please know that, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Uninstallation and removal methods vary depending on your device. To uninstall and remove the Weather Now Apps, please use the application manager provided with your device or consult your device manual or online instructions provided by the device provider for reference.
ACCESS TO AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may have the right to access Information held about you or require it to be modified (if inaccurate) or deleted. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us using the details set out below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Information we hold about you.
HOW TO CONTACT US